People are irrational beings and do some of the most crazy things you can only imagine. We therefore need laws to be written to help keep these people in check. Some of these laws are weird and almost seem like urban myths or too ridiculous to be true. As odd as they are, they were created for a reason, and this video will highlight it all. Some of the laws you are about to learn date back many centuries and were never changed or eliminated and make very little sense in today’s world. But nonetheless they do still exist.
Here are just 10 bizarre laws that still exist in the United States”:
1. In Devon, Texas, it is against the law to make furniture while you are nude.
2. In San Francisco, it’s illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner.
3. In Salt Lake County, Utah, it’s illegal to walk down the street carrying a violin in a paper bag.
4. In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog.
5. In California it is illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour. (that would be one clever trick)
6. In Utah, you’re not allowed to marry your first cousin until the age of 65. WTF?!
7. In Florida men seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown can be fined.
8. In Tennessee, you are breaking the law if you drive while sleeping. (perhaps they could benefit from one of these strange gadgets)
9. In South Carolina it is legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
10. In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is: Death.